Please note: Encore NEO looks forward to resuming on-site, in-person programming when conditions for safe gathering improve. Regular weekly programming continues online for now and is open to all. As with our on-site programming a free-will donation to offset our expenses is appreciated but not mandatory. Please sign up for our Newsletter for schedule updates, meeting topics and links.
Click HERE for weekly update and meeting links!
CELEBRATE THE GIVING SEASON!
Help people age 50+ craft meaningful careers and fulfilling lifestyles for the second halves of their lives.
Your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the tax law.
Upcoming - Monday Morning Career Transistion and Job Search Discussion Series, December 6, 2021:
Getting Work: New Opportunities
The pandemic has created lots of challenges – and opportunities. Which sectors show the most promising job growth?
This will be a round-table discussion with specific examples you can directly apply and immediately benefit from.
NEW! Money Mastermind Group
Every Friday, 3:00-4:00 p.m. - Starting November 12th.
1. Exploring great resources to learn how to effectively manage money.
2. Sharing insights and tips about making and saving money.
3. Reporting and getting feedback on individual progress - successes and challenges!
When it is safe to resume in-person meetings on-site programming will continue at:
The Church of the Western Reserve
30500 Fairmount Blvd
Pepper Pike, OH 44124
Updates will be mentioned during online programming and posted on the website and newsletter.
COMING SOON! Encoreship(TM)
This paid internship program will connect older workers with a select group of age-friendly employers to gain work experience and test new career options.
Encore NEO and Ohman Family Living Pilot “Encoreship” Program, Fall 2019
Encore NEO and Ohman Family Living piloted Encore NEO’s “Encoreship” program in Fall 2019 to provide older workers opportunities to test new careers in personal companionship, resident care, culinary services, and resident life within senior living communities.
Other Program Notices
- The Legacy Toastmasters Group
We plan to launch our very own Toastmasters Group - let us know if you are interested. Contact us at EncoreNEO50@gmail.com.
Our Regular Program Schedule includes:
- Monday Morning Career Transition Topic and Job Search Discussion - addresses all areas of the age 50 + career transition. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Encore Career Accelerator Courses (ECAPs) - 8-10 session courses that focus on getting to financial independence, exploring self-employment, winning clients, principled negotiation, and more;
- Weekly discussion groups for a deeper dive into building personal business models with Business Model You,
- Mastering Virtual Work - explores the tools and practices required to master virtual work,
- Advanced courses for those who want to blog their way to a book, and/or become a public speaker; and
- One-on-one coaching.
See the overview of programming schedule HERE!
Exploring 50+ Expo Held Tuesday, September 24th, 2019 in Westlake
Encore NEO expanded its reach by partnering with The City of Westlake Senior & Community Services Department and the Westlake Public Library to host the Exploring 50+ Expo.
Learn more HERE.
Geauga County Public Library and Encore 50+ Expo - Held Friday, May 31, 2019
Encore NEO partnered with Geauga County Public Library to host Encore 50+ Expo for all things related to later-life careers and lifestyles. The Expo also commemorated Encore NEO's 5th anniversary.
Breakout sessions addressed employment, health and lifestyle issues for those 50+.
- Resources Available through Encore NEO and Geauga County Public Library – Tim Lybarger, President, Encore NEO; and Ed Worso, Director, Geauga County Public Library
- Making a Living After Age 50 – Tim Lybarger, President, Encore NEO
- Health and Wellness: Common GI Issues – Dr. Jason Abdallah, MD, Board Certified Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Panel Discussion: Success Stories of Encore NEO Members who have Transitioned into Meaningful Careers and Lifestyles
- Vivian Miller, Aim High Bags & Career Coach and Resume Writer
- Gary Gardiner, Operational Efficiency Consultant - HVAC Industry Executive Recruiter
- Dave Waldorf, President, David M. Waldorf, LLC - resolving workplace compliance issues
- Jim McDonough, SimpliFi Technologies, LLC - designer/programmer of professionally installed electronics systems
- Auburn Career Center
- Cunix Insurance Services
- Encore NEO
- Geauga County Job and Family Services / Ohio Means Jobs – Geauga County
- Geauga County Public Library
- Integrity Staffing
- Kent State University Geauga
- Newbury Kiwanis
- Ohio Census
- Ohman Family Living (Hill Group)
- Patient Computer Help
- RSVP of Geauga County
- Staffing Solutions Enterprises
- United Way Services of Geauga County
- University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center
Consultative Selling Skills Workshop - Held Saturday, January 26, 2019
Owen Foster of Sustainable Growth Consulting presented a 1/2-day overview course about the four key elements that comprise the selling process. Participants learned how to establish trust, define needs, create a partnership approach, and close the sale – valuable skills to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of business development efforts.
Common Ground 2018 - Held Sunday, June 24, 2018
In partnership with Lakeland Community College, Encore NEO hosted a Cleveland Foundation Common Ground Conversation at Lakeland's new HIVE Center on June 24th. After an introduction by former Congressman Dennis Eckart, participants discussed ways local members of the "Baby Boomer" generation can use their experience, expertise and wisdom to help make our communities stronger, safer and more dynamic. The conversation was just a beginning - we invite you to join our weekly Encore NEO programming (check the calendar!) and other future events.