Join us for our FREE weekly Monday Morning Live/Career Development Discussion Series. We’ll introduce you to Encore NEO and how we can help you.
Every Monday (Holidays excepted)
9:30-11:30 a.m. - Topic and discussion; Peer coaching
Bainbridge Branch, Geauga County Public Library
17222 Snyder Rd, Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
Click HERE to for updates.
NEW Program! Encore NEO Encoreship® Program
This paid internship program connects older workers with a select group of age-friendly employers to gain work experience and test new career options. LEARN MORE.
Encore NEO and Ohman Family Living piloted Encore NEO’s “Encoreship” program in Fall 2019 to provide older workers opportunities to test new careers in personal companionship, resident care, culinary services, and resident life within senior living communities.
Encore NEO partnered with The City of Westlake Senior & Community Services Department and the Westlake Public Library to host the Exploring 50+ Expo.
Encore NEO partnered with Geauga County Public Library to host Encore 50+ Expo for all things related to later-life careers and lifestyles. The Expo also commemorated Encore NEO's 5th anniversary.
Breakout sessions addressed employment, health, and lifestyle issues for those 50+. Sessions included:
- Resources Available through Encore NEO and Geauga County Public Library – Tim Lybarger, President, Encore NEO; and Ed Worso, Director, Geauga County Public Library
- Making a Living After Age 50 – Tim Lybarger, President, Encore NEO
- Health and Wellness: Common GI Issues – Dr. Jason Abdallah, MD, Board Certified Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
A Panel Discussion presented the success stories of Encore NEO members who have transitioned to new Encore careers.
- Vivian Miller, Aim High Bags & Career Coach and Resume Writer
- Gary Gardiner, Operational Efficiency Consultant - HVAC Industry Executive Recruiter
- Dave Waldorf, President, David M. Waldorf, LLC - resolving workplace compliance issues
- Jim McDonough, SimpliFi Technologies, LLC - designer/programmer of professionally installed electronics systems
Owen Foster of Sustainable Growth Consulting presented a 1/2-day overview about the four key elements that comprise the selling process. Participants learned how to establish trust, define needs, create a partnership approach, and close the sale – valuable skills to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of business development efforts.
In partnership with Lakeland Community College, Encore NEO hosted a Cleveland Foundation Common Ground Conversation at Lakeland's HIVE Center. After an introduction by former Congressman Dennis Eckart, participants discussed how members of the "Baby Boomer" generation can use their experience, expertise, and wisdom to make our communities stronger, safer, and more dynamic.