New Program Schedule Starts October 2019!
- Job Search Discussion Group moves to Monday mornings, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. starting September 30, 2019.
Our popular Thursday morning Job Search Discussion Group is moving to Monday mornings (10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.) immediately following the Monday Morning Speaker Series. Pick up some great tips to help your career AND get group input on your specific job search and career needs--all in one visit!
- Charting a New Course with Business Model You Weekly Work Session - NEW PROGRAM - Thursdays, 8:30-9:45 a.m. starting October 10, 2019.
Participants will apply the Charting a New Course with Business Model You framework to review their personal business models and develop new career strategies. If you don't yet have a personal business model, we'll help you build one.
- Encore Career Accelerator Programs (ECAPS) continue every Thursday morning, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. starting October 10, 2019.
Our ECAP programs will meet once per week on Thursday mornings--a change from two sessions per week--and will run for eight to ten weeks. Offerings will repeat throughout the year.
Winning Clients - Starts October 10, 2019
Independent work offers the kind of freedom and flexibility we crave at our stage in life. Approach it "right side up," and it will pave a path to financial security. Get it wrong and it will be a chronic struggle. This program offers six straight-forward steps to getting unlimited clients and achieving Financial Freedom.
The program is part of our Encore Career Accelerated Programs – ECAPs – and runs Thursday mornings, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., for ten weeks (except Thanksgiving).
NOTE: This program is especially valuable for those who are also seeking traditional employment. Apply what you learn to make your cover letters stand out and knock your interviews out of the park!
Required Resource: The Irresistible Consultant's GUIDE TO WINNING CLIENTS, by David A. Fields
Cost: The program is available to members only at no additional fee except for the cost of the book.
Registration: Sign up at a Monday morning session, or email EncoreNEO50@gmail.com.
Encore NEO and Ohman Family Living Announce New “Encoreship” Program
Learn how you can discover a new career through an "Encoreship" in partnership with Ohman Family Living. The program will explore opportunities in personal companionship, resident care, culinary services, resident life, and more. The program includes a general orientation and shadow program. Contact EncoreNEO50@gmail.com or call 440-338-8220 to learn more!
Other Program Notices
- Encore Career Volunteer Corps! – Every Wednesday, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Encore NEO Volunteers meet every Wednesday to help further Encore NEO's mission. Conact Tim Lybarger at EncoreNEO50@gmail.com for details.
- The Legacy Toastmasters Group
We plan to launch our very own Toastmasters Group by the end of 2019. Let us know if you are interested. Contact us at EncoreNEO50@gmail.com.
Our Regular Program Schedule includes:
- Monday Morning Career Transition Speaker Series - addresses all areas of the age 50 + career transition. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Encore Career Accelerator Courses (ECAPs) - 8-10 session courses that focus on charting a new course, getting to financial independence, exploring self-employment, winning clients, principled negotiation, and more;
- Weekly discussion groups for a deeper dive into the 50+ job search and building personal business models with Business Model You, and to coordinate Encore NEO volunteer projects;
- Advanced courses for those who want to blog their way to a book, and/or become a public speaker; and
- One-on-one coaching.
See the overview of programming schedule HERE!
Exploring 50+ Expo Held Tuesday, September 24th, 2019 in Westlake
Encore NEO expanded its reach by partnering with The City of Westlake Senior & Community Services Department and the Westlake Public Library to host the Exploring 50+ Expo.
Learn more HERE.
Geauga County Public Library and Encore 50+ Expo - Held Friday, May 31, 2019
Encore NEO partnered with Geauga County Public Library to host Encore 50+ Expo for all things related to later-life careers and lifestyles. The Expo also commemorated Encore NEO's 5th anniversary.
Breakout sessions addressed employment, health and lifestyle issues for those 50+.
- Resources Available through Encore NEO and Geauga County Public Library – Tim Lybarger, President, Encore NEO; and Ed Worso, Director, Geauga County Public Library
- Making a Living After Age 50 – Tim Lybarger, President, Encore NEO
- Health and Wellness: Common GI Issues – Dr. Jason Abdallah, MD, Board Certified Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Panel Discussion: Success Stories of Encore NEO Members who have Transitioned into Meaningful Careers and Lifestyles
- Vivian Miller, Aim High Bags & Career Coach and Resume Writer
- Gary Gardiner, Operational Efficiency Consultant ~ HVAC Industry Executive Recruiter
- Dave Waldorf, President, David M. Waldorf, LLC – resolving workplace compliance issues
- Jim McDonough, Custom Design Environments - designer and programmer for professional installed electronics systems
- Auburn Career Center
- Cunix Insurance Services
- Encore NEO
- Geauga County Job and Family Services / Ohio Means Jobs – Geauga County
- Geauga County Public Library
- Integrity Staffing
- Kent State University Geauga
- Newbury Kiwanis
- Ohio Census
- Ohman Family Living (Hill Group)
- Patient Computer Help
- RSVP of Geauga County
- Staffing Solutions Enterprises
- United Way Services of Geauga County
- University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center
Consultative Selling Skills Workshop - Held Saturday, January 26, 2019
Owen Foster of Sustainable Growth Consulting presented a 1/2-day overview course about the four key elements that comprise the selling process. Participants learned how to establish trust, define needs, create a partnership approach, and close the sale – valuable skills to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of business development efforts.
Common Ground 2018 - Held Sunday, June 24, 2018
In partnership with Lakeland Community College, Encore NEO hosted a Cleveland Foundation Common Ground Conversation at Lakeland's new HIVE Center on June 24th. After an introduction by former Congressman Dennis Eckart, participants discussed ways local members of the "Baby Boomer" generation can use their experience, expertise and wisdom to help make our communities stronger, safer and more dynamic. The conversation was just a beginning - we invite you to join our weekly Encore NEO programming (check the calendar!) and other future events.