Encore NEO Regular Program Schedule:
Monday Morning Career Transition Speaker Series – Mondays, 8:30-9:45 a.m. (Note new time)
Six “Encore Career Accelerator Programs (ECAPS)” – Mondays and Thursdays, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (Note new time)
Each ECAP is comprised of eight, two-hour sessions over four weeks. Offerings will repeat throughout the year.
- Charting a New Course
Apply business model thinking to develop a pathway to a new career. Resource: Business Model You by Tim Clark.
- Getting to Financial Independence
Learn how to save, invest, and earn your way to financial independence. Resource: The Simple Path to Wealth by J.L. Collins.
- Exploring Self-employment
Learn everything you need to know to work for yourself. Resource: The Freelancer's Bible by Sara Horowitz.
- Winning Clients
Learn six steps to getting unlimited clients and achieving financial freedom. Resource: The Irresistible Consultant's Guide to Winning Clients by David A. Fields
- Principled Negotiation
Learn how to get what you want while, at the same time, improving relationships with your employer and/or clients. Resource: Getting To Yes by Roger Fisher and William Ury
- Preparing for the Age 50+ Job Search (Launching April 29, 2019)
Learn skills and tactics to overcome obstacles faced by older job seekers.
Three Weekly Brain Trust Groups – higher-level peer groups
- Job Search Discussion Group – Thursdays, 8:30-9:45 a.m. (Note new time)
Learn the best tips for the age 50+ job search.
- Encore Career Mastery Group – Wednesdays, 4:00-5:30 p.m. (Online with SLACK) (Note new time)
Hone professional skills and share client and/or employer challenges.
- FIRE Group (Financial Independence Retire Early 'Or Eventually) – Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30 p.m. (New Group starts April 24, 2019)
Maximize your savings, make smart spending decisions, and learn how to accumulate assets that provide for financial independence.
This group is open to all members of the public regardless of age at no charge. Encore NEO Members will have access to additional resources as well as access to a SLACK Channel to enable remote online participation at the weekly sessions and private conversations with other members between sessions.
One-on-One Coaching and Goal-Setting – (by appointment)
Advanced Programs (may require additional fees)
- Starting a Business: What is it Like to Be an Entrepreneur? (by apppointment)
One-on-one support for those interested in starting a new business. LEARN MORE>>
- Legacy Writers: Blog Your Way to a Book - Wednesdays, 2:00-3:30 p.m. (New group starts June 5, 2019)
Learn how to blog and use blogging to write and publish a book.
- Becoming a Public Speaker through Toastmasters (Launching soon!)
We plan to launch our very own Toastmasters Group by the end of 2019. Let us know if you are interested. Contact us at EncoreNEO50@gmail.com.
Program Fees and Membership Information
You may observe any of our onsite programs at no cost.
Our $40 Monthly Membership entitles you to:
- Full participation during all programs,
- Access to program materials,
- Access to the secure Members Only section of the Encore NEO website. (Launching in May, 2019), and
- The Encore NEO Playbook Binder to help you set goals, track progress and retain valuable program notes.
New Location starting April 22, 2019
All regularly scheduled programs take place at:
Geauga County Public Library Newbury Station Branch
14775 Auburn Rd
Newbury Township, OH 44065
CLICK HERE for our Program Schedule PDF.