Encore NEO has revamped its programming and moved to a membership model.
Monday Morning Career Transition Speaker Series – Mondays, 8:00-9:15 a.m.
Six “Encore Career Accelerator Programs (ECAPS)” – Mondays and Thursdays, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Each ECAP is comprised of eight, two-hour sessions over four weeks. Offerings will repeat throughout the year.
- Charting a New Course (Launching October 22, 2018)
Apply business model thinking to develop a pathway to a new career. Resource: Business Model You by Tim Clark.
- Getting to Financial Independence (Launching November 26, 2018)
Learn how to save, invest, and earn your way to financial independence. Resource: The Simple Path to Wealth by J.L. Collins.
- Exploring Self-employment (Launching January, 2019)
Learn everything you need to know to work for yourself. Resource: The Freelancer's Bible by Sara Horowitz.
- Personal Branding (Launching February, 2019)
Develop a strategy to stand out to your customers.
- Managing Self (Launching March, 2019)
Clarify your goals, and manage your time and emotions to gain success.
- Relationship Management (Launching April, 2019)
Learn how to balance assertiveness with consideration in managing areas of disagreement.
Three Weekly Brain Trust Groups – higher-level peer groups
- Job Search Discussion Group – Thursdays, 8:00-9:30 a.m.
Learn the best tips for the age 50+ job search.
- Self-employment Brain Trust – Wednesdays, 4:30-6:00 p.m.
Hone professional skills and share client challenges.
- Wealth Builder’s Brain Trust – Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Develop a deeper knowledge of great money management.
One-on-One Coaching and Goal-Setting – Thursdays, 8:00-9:30 a.m. (by appointment)
Advanced Programs (may require additional fees)
- Starting a Business: What is it Like to Be an Entrepreneur? – 1st & 3rd Mondays, 2:00-4:00 p.m. (Launched September 17, 2018)
This introductory Entrepreneurship program includes seven, two-hour sessions over 14 weeks. LEARN MORE>>
- Legacy Writers: Blog Your Way to a Book - Wednesdays, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
Learn how to blog and use blogging to write and publish a book.
- Becoming a Public Speaker through Toastmasters (Proposed launch in January 2019)
- The Monday Morning Career Transition Speaker Series (8:00-9:00 a.m.) is open to everyone. We request a $5.00 free-will donation from non-member attendees, paid at the door.
- A $40 Monthly Membership grants access to all regular weekly programs and advanced programs, PLUS the “Encore NEO Playbook Binder” to help set goals, track progress, and retain valuable program notes. Members may need to purchase books for some programs and pay additional fees for advanced programs.
All programs take place at our Geauga County location except the “Starting a Business: What Is It Like To Be An Entrepreneur?” advanced program which alternates between two Lake County locations.
Geauga County location
The Federated Family Life Center
16349 Chillicothe Rd
Bainbridge, OH 44023
Lake County locations for Starting a Business advanced program
Willoughby Public Library
Willoughby Meeting Room
7854, 30 E Spaulding Street
Willoughby, OH 44094
Frances Cleveland Room, 2nd Floor
8215 Mentor Avenue
Mentor, OH 44060
CLICK HERE for more about the new programming!