ALL PROGRAMS NOW ONLINE!
Regular Meeting Location (All in-person meetings are suspended at this time.)
The Church of the Western Reserve
30500 Fairmount Blvd
Pepper Pike, OH 44124
Encore NEO Programs
Monday Morning Career Transition Topic and Job Search Discussion – Mondays, 8:30-10:30 a.m.
NEW! Encore Mastermind* Groups
We have launched our first two Encore Mastermind Groups. Participation involves a commitment to meet for 1-1/2 hours every two weeks at a day and time agreed upon by group members. There is no fee to join, but donations are encouraged.
If you are interested in participating or just want to learn more, please email Tim Lybarger at EncoreNEO50@gmail.com.
*A mastermind group is a peer-to-peer mentoring group used to help members solve their problems with input and advice from the other group members. The concept was coined in 1925 by author Napoleon Hill in his book The Law of Success and described in more detail in his 1937 book Think and Grow Rich.
The Encore Design Lab with Business Model You - Thursdays, 8:00 a.m-10:30 a.m. - On Hold for now
“Encore Career Accelerator Programs (ECAPS)” – Thursdays, 10:00-11:30 a.m. - On Hold for now
Each ECAP is comprised of weekly 90-minute sessions over eight to ten weeks. Offerings repeat throughout the year.
- Building a Story Brand
Learn how to apply Donald Miller's simple seven-part framework to clarify your message and transform how the marketplace sees you, your products and services. Resource: Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller.
- Charting a New Course with Business Model You
Apply business model thinking to develop a pathway to a new career. Resource: Business Model You: A One-Page Method for Reinventing Your Career by Tim Clark in collaboration with Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur.
- Getting to Financial Independence
Learn how to save, invest, and earn your way to financial independence. Resource: The Simple Path to Wealth by J.L. Collins.
- Exploring Self-employment
Learn everything you need to know to work for yourself. Resource: The Freelancer's Bible by Sara Horowitz.
- Winning Clients
Learn six steps to getting unlimited clients and achieving financial freedom. Resource: The Irresistible Consultant's Guide to Winning Clients by David A. Fields
- Principled Negotiation
Learn how to get what you want while, at the same time, improving relationships with your employer and/or clients. Resource: Getting To Yes by Roger Fisher and William
One-on-One Coaching and Goal-Setting – (by appointment)
Advanced Programs (may require additional fees) - On Hold for now
- Legacy Writers: Blog Your Way to a Book
Learn how to blog and use blogging to write and publish a book.
- Becoming a Public Speaker through Toastmasters (Launching soon!)
We plan to launch our very own Toastmasters Group - let us know if you are interested. Contact us at EncoreNEO50@gmail.com.
COMING SOON! Encoreship(TM)
This paid internship program will connect older workers with a select group of age-friendly employers to gain work experience and test new career options.
Standard Weekly Programming Schedule
- 8:30-10:30 a.m. Monday Morning Career Transition Topic and Job Search Discussion
- Sign on at 8:20 a.m.
- 6:30-8:30 p.m. Encore Mastermind Group #1
- Group meets every other Tuesday
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. Encore Mastermind Group #2
- Group meets every other Thursday
- 8:30-10:30 a.m. The Encore Design Lab with Business Model You - Weekly Work Session
- Sign on at 8:20 a.m.
- On Hold for now
- 10:00-11:30 a.m. Encore Career Accelerator Program (ECAP)
- On Hold for now
Program Fees and Membership Information
Our $40 Monthly Membership entitles you to:
- Full participation during all programs,
- Access to program materials,
- Access to the secure Members Only section of the Encore NEO website, and
- The Encore NEO Playbook Binder to help you set goals, track progress and retain valuable program notes.
CLICK HERE for our Program Schedule PDF.