The Encore NEO Profile
Members of the Encore NEO community are generally 50 years old or older and, having reached or contemplating the second halves of their lives, are motivated to pursue one or more of the following goals:
- To find a new job – includes those who are currently employed and considering a change as well as those in transition.
- To explore a new career focus or volunteer opportunity.
- To earn income to support their current or future lifestyle.
- To remain active through employment and/or community involvement.
- To achieve and maintain their desired lifestyle.
Encore NEO operates on the following core values and beliefs:
We are not aligned with any political party, belief system, or ideology. Nor do we advocate for any particular course of action to meet the needs of the growing Encore demographic. We welcome all who wish to make a constructive contribution to our programs.
We strive to avoid controversies that may divide or distract from our focus and ask that all participants respect each other’s beliefs and opinions as well as avoid speaking about anyone in derogatory terms.
Every individual is responsible for leading a productive life. We acknowledge that age discrimination is real and blocks us from certain opportunities. But we know that we have much to offer and focus our time, energy, and attention on those who recognize our value rather than promote ourselves to those who see age as a shortcoming.
We believe that individual success is greatly enhanced when we work together as a community to support individual career goals. We learn from each other, brainstorm solutions together, and celebrate successes together.
We believe that active, ongoing development of body, mind, and spirit is essential to achieving career and lifestyle goals.
We encourage our members to earnestly consider how they can make a positive difference in their communities and what their legacies may be.
Individual members are expected to support Encore NEO’s purpose and core beliefs and to participate in Encore NEO programs.
Members are also expected to:
- support fellow members on their journeys toward achieving career and lifestyle goals,
- share accumulated knowledge and life skills,
- pro-actively participate in the Encore NEO career network, and
- pay monthly dues.
We work with corporate and professional members to develop synergistic relationships.
Corporate and professional partners are expected to:
- support Encore NEO’s purpose and beliefs,
- provide expert resources,
- refrain from promoting their services for their own benefit,
- sponsor events, and/or
- make a financial contribution.